Sunday, October 10, 2010

what's been cookin'

Here are a few things that have been going on in our kitchen the past couple weeks...


I got some fresh broccoli on sale at BiLo. If your name is Joe or Deborah, you know that broccoli is my all time favorite veggie. EVER. We steamed it up and topped it with some parmesan cheese. We also made some cheesy garlic bread (I bought 2 bulbs of garlic a while back when a recipe called for 2 cloves, so we have a little extra), and ate it with pasta. But don't be fooled. That broccoli was the star of the show.

I found a recipe for mozzarrella sticks on The Pioneer Woman Cooks, and I had to try them. The verdict? A cheesy, breaded slice of heaven. And surprisingly not too greasy, since I just fried them in a pan. 

My adorable hubby who tends to be a fried-food hater even loved them! Even though his facial expression looks disgusted.
We got some fresh frozen gnocchi from the downtown Greenville Saturday Market and baked it to perfection. Do you see that bubbly cheese?

To welcome fall, we roasted a small army's worth of fresh fall veggies (carrots, red onion, sweet potato, & new potato) Our poor fire alarm is a little over-sensitive, and went off pretty much every time we opened the oven door. Sorry fire alarm, we'll go lighter on the olive oil next time.
We grilled some chicken and had chicken burgers with our roasted veggies. 


*LIVE FOOTAGE* That's right. This is what's going on in my kitchen as we speak. These are Red Delicious apples, picked at their prime, stripped of their flesh and chopped to pieces. They've been thrown in the crock pot and have been sweating on low for the past 6 hours. And they're not done yet.  

 What in the world am I doing to these apples? And what did they do to deserve such treatment? I'll let you know when I'm through with them.

So there you have it! What's been going on in your kitchen lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment