Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Grady


Nick and I had been experiencing bouts of puppy fever the entire time we've been married but due to our last apartment not allowing dogs (a big wommmp-wommmp-wommmp) the fever was subsided over the last year. Well fast-forward to this past Friday night. Nick and I were eating tapas at The Kazbah and our conversation inevitably moved to the P word...when would we get a puppy? Nick agreed that we didn't necessarily have to wait until November when he started working to get one, and I agreed that we didn't necessarily just have to run out and get one tomorrow. We did decide it'd be fun to go check out the Humane Society the next day just to check it out, since we agreed that it'd be best to adopt a puppy.

So the next morning I decide to check out the puppies at the Humane Society on their website and see that an australian shepherd mixed litter had just come in a couple days before. They are ADORABLE, so I start freaking out and running around to get ready, convinced we are going to get a puppy that day. My reasonable hubby sees my eyes glaze over with excitement, and decides that it would still be a good idea to go to the Humane Society and 'look'. We both agree that I won't go expecting to get a puppy, while Nick won't go expecting to NOT get a puppy.

We walk in, see the litter I'd seen online, and I immediately pick up the black and white spotted puppy with an all black head. He cuddles right into my arms and lays down (where he pretty much stayed until we took him home). At one point Nick held out his arms and told the puppy to "come to daddy". I knew my reasonable hubby was completely smitten and that we weren't leaving without that puppy.

So we'd like you to meet our Little Man, Grady:

 
 
He is currently recovering from a stomach bug that he acquired from the shelter, and after spending the night at the vet last night he is like a new puppy. And my hubby is still pretty smitten...





No comments:

Post a Comment