Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines

Let me just say that I love Valentines Day. Maybe it's because my mom has always made me feel special by surprising me with candy and little gifts each year, or maybe it's because I've had a pretty spectacular guy to call my Valentine for the past 5 years, or MAYBE it's just the fact that we can draw out the holiday season (including my birthday, my brother's, Maria's, and Nick & Sean's!) a little longer.

This year has been my best Valentine's day yet, because I got to celebrate it with my husband, instead of just my boyfriend or fiance. Nick took me to Greenville to spend some time and enjoy the beautiful weather on Saturday. We listened to part of Perry Noble's recent marriage series on the way into Greenville, and reflected on how God's been working in our marriage these past 8 months. Then we listened to the last few heartbreaking minutes of the Clemson/UNC basketball game. Nick decided to take me to the zoo--the only zoo we'd been to together was in London, so it was exciting to see Nick experience the Greenville Zoo for the first time and to reminisce of the times I'd been there on fieldtrips in elementary school. Then we went to one of our favorite restaurants, PF Changs, for dinner. Nick gave me a pedicure/eyebrow waxing/glass of wine package at a spa, which I can't wait to use! :)

On Sunday after church we headed over to the Botanical Gardens to walk around, which evidently was everybody else's Sunday afternoon gameplan, because it was pretty crowded! It was nice to get out this weekend, enjoy a break from school and work, and just hang out with each other. Sunday afternoon was spent baking for the bake sale we had at work today. I am the March of Dimes rep and this was one of our first fundraisers. I made brownies with heart sprinkles, Valentines funfetti cupcakes with pink icing, heart shaped funfetti cookies, Crinkles, and peanut butter balls.

Since I didn't have time to eat breakfast this morning Nick surprised me by showing up with a Valentine's smoothie (which is one of my favorite foods). I seriously couldn't ask for a better hubby!

I didn't take too many pics this weekend, but I'll try to upload some of what I took sometime soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment